My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Friday, December 01, 2006

There is no you left to embrace.




Well, here's my musical guilty pleasure for the week- in the form of Marit Larsen, formerly one half of the pop duo M2M. She's in her early twenties and plays guitar, keyboards, and harmonica- all complimenting her catchy tunes. I first saw the video for "Don't Save Me" (her first solo single) followed shortly by the song I like even more, "Only A Fool." Her songs are generally acoustic with sweet, adorable, and sometimes even ironic vocals and just a hint of a country-ish tinge. Say what you will about it being incredibly poppy, but what's wrong with that from time to time? Give it a listen/look- I really dig it at the moment.

Marit Larsen- Only A Fool

Live performance- "Only A Fool"




Video- "Don't Save Me"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Hunta said...

Well she is refeshing. A little poppy, yes but very nice. I think I detect a bit of Regina sound/phrasing in the 'Don't Save Me' song -- could that perhaps be a bit of the attraction for you?

7:14 PM  
Blogger jspaceman said...

Hadn't really noticed a similarity, but I could maybe see it- although I think Marit's a lot more straightforward for the most part in her vocals...

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer