My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Machina III- the Machines of False Rumor


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Buzz hit the internet yesterday of leaked Pumpkins demos (or at least rough unfinished work) from work on an upcoming release from Billy Corgan and (non-Iha) company. The four tracks (titled the Baker Demos) were soon readily available from all the usual sources and I'll admit that despite my caring less and less about Corgan's output, I gave them a listen. And it turns out that despite claims of these songs being the work of Billy and crew, they're... definitely not. But heck, go ahead and listen and decide for yourself. If you're fooled, well... shame on you.

This track builds (far too) slowly into an actual song, with guitars that could be heard as in the style of the Pumpkins but the voice isn't really even similar. If I were to try to describe the sound (and I'm still typing, so I will) I'd deign to say "Collapsing Cities" is what Of Montreal would sound like if they were instead a run of the mill alternative band of the early nineties (including production style.) Or something to that effect. The question in the back of my mind is... could these tracks from who knows where/whom end up being sadly better than whatever Corgan releases?

"The Smashing Pumpkins" Collapsing Cities

4 Comments:

Anonymous Everett Bogue said...

We can only hope that Corgan's album is better. I certainly am not hedging my life on it.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any particular run of the mill 90's band perchance...? we're hoping more swirlies than tripping daisy ;)

1:22 PM  
Blogger jspaceman said...

Not so much Swirlies or Tripping Daisy- more one of those bands you don't even remember the name of. ;)

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Hunta said...

Thanks for posting this. Its not good whatever it. I'd rather Silversun Pickups for my Pumpkins fix these days!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer