My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

How to make Creep disappear completely...



While the fans seem to side with Radiohead's "Just" as their favorite track of the band's, Thom Yorke chose "How To Disappear Completely." Describing it simply as "the most beautiful thing we ever did, I think," I might just have to agree with him if it weren't for the existance of a certain work called "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" Read a bit more in the NME story, including details on Thom's next single- "Analyse."

Radiohead- How To Disappear Completely (live soundboard recording)

Radiohead- Street Spirit (Fade Out) (live soundboard recording)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Thom on HTDC. Mostly because it's about the first time he realised the huge following of his band, which was at a concert in Dublin in the mid-90s - which I was lucky enough to be at.

He came on stage smiling, looked around, and ran back again, only to come back a few minutes later looking very scared. He knew that from then on, noone in the band would be able to have the anonymity they had enjoyed.

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Asylum_Sweetie said...

This is my favorite Radiohead track and it gives me a strange thrill to know its Thom's too. It's a beautiful denial, and I sing it under my breath everywhere I go. Street Spirit is lovely too, but doesn't quite reach the same level of ethereal grace How to Disappear achives, perhaps simply because it isn't striving for the same emotion. Denial and Apathy are not the same thing, though they often go hand in hand.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer