My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Happy ending or a broken heart?



So yeah, I missed out or really didn't get that into the whole Bloc Party/Maximo Park/Futureheads shebang from a couple years ago. Sure I kinda dug some of the tunes that I heard but overall it didn't really grab me. I was probably too busy listening to Babyshambles and the like at the time. Even now with Arctic Monkeys, I for the most part just give it a "meh."

And you know what? I like the Clash, but I don't love them and worship them as some kind of Second Coming of rock and roll like a lot of folks would. Why? I don't know- sometimes not tuneful enough for me, I suppose? If I want ragged balls-to-the-wall down and dirty rock, I'll take the Replacements. But again, I'm certainly not knocking on any of those other punk bands, they certainly always have had their place no matter how many next big thing, wave of revivals come along. But anyway, I'm rambling.

I just got a copy of the Futureheads upcoming sophomore record News and Tributes and am really digging it on first listen. A lot of great catchy singalong hooks and smart guitar riffs. Will I still be listening to this in another couple months? I have no clue, but for now it's refreshing to hear.

NME on secret show in London

Pre-order it at Amazon

Futureheads on Myspace


The Futureheads- Skip To The End

The Futureheads- Cope

And here's a little something of a bonus track- a great little Arctic Monkeys b-side I've been digging...

Arctic Monkeys- Bigger Boys and Stolen Sweethearts

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi Joy said...

Per your request :-)
I'm still not 100% sure this is Milla, it sounds so different from anything off her Divine Comedy album. But everything I've read about it seems to match up, so, there you have it.
It's not going to win any awards, but I like this track.

Milla - Last Man Standing

4:53 PM  
Blogger António Caeiro said...

visit:

http://orquestrappp.blogspot.com/

thanks.

8:54 AM  
Blogger merz said...

I love the title of this blog! Thanks for visiting my place. I am going to put you on my blogroll right after I leave this comment!

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer