My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

So much time got lost in my mind...



Part of the reason I love Beth Orton is the way she combines folky, acoustic music with more modern electronic beats and rhythms. The first I ever heard of her was her work with William Orbit on the dance track "Water From A Vine Leaf." At times her voice reminds me a lot of Edie Brickell's- it seems to just lazily circle around the room, lilting at just the perfect times to accentuate a word or phrase. Definitely check out "Concrete Sky" and if you like it, go straight to Amazon and check out her first two albums, Trailer Park and Central Reservation. "This One's Gonna Bruise" is much more melancholy.

Official Website

Beth Orton- Worms

Beth Orton- Shopping Trolley

Beth Orton- Concrete Sky

Beth Orton- This One's Gonna Bruise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer