My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

If I was a booger, would you blow your nose?


(now 66% less Lemony)

I know, I know- it's been a while since I've posted but blogger was giving me the business so I'm only partially to blame. Got it?

Mike Skinner of the Streets is slowing things down for the second single from The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living and releasing "Never Went To Church." I'm guessing it'll be another hit in the UK- now get your arse over this side of the pond, Mikee!

NME story


Manic Street Preachers have a song on the new June Brides tribute album Still Unravished. You can listen to it on Manics' Myspace- it's a pretty decent tune.

Evan Dando is "reuniting the Lemonheads" and recording a new album that's due to be released next spring. Those quotes mean "Evan's the only original member of the Lemonheads and there's two guys from the Descendents playing with him." I'm thinking it's still a good thing though- hopefully Evan will kick it a bit harder than on his solo record Baby I'm Bored, which was good overall but still not up to par with the Lemonheads stuff.

Pitchfork story

I still can't get enough of the new Primal Scream single "Country Girl." Sounds like classic scream and check out that mandolin in there! Definitely a catchy hook and hopefully it's a good indication of the rest of Riot City Blues. You can download the tune at the Daily Growl.

Primal Scream- Country Girl


Take That are reuniting for a tour and according to the group, Robbie will be joining them on a few dates of the tour. They're even apparently using a Robbie hologram on stage- what's up with that? Robbie apparently says they're Tripping. Don't do it Robbie- keep what little self-respect you have!

Yes, I like Robbie Williams- now hush.

NME story


Now here's some Spacemen 3 goodness I've been digging on of late...

Spacemen 3- Come Down Easy (demo)

Spacemen 3- Walking With Jesus (demo)

1 Comments:

Blogger kc said...

Like you have to ask why they're using a Robbie hologram!!

On the Lemonheads thing...yeah, I'd heard there was going to be an album out late this year, but wasn't sure about the line-up. Interesting.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer