My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Try to find a boy who's gonna be all the things I ain't...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Another quickie today- I'll just drop a couple new tunes in here. Yes, I've posted both Morrissey and the Streets recently on KYCW- so sue me. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the b-sides for Morrissey's "You Have Killed Me," particularly "Human Being." It brings to mind the style of another song that I can't quite place, but it's certainly not a bad familiarity. In my eyes it could've easily been worthy of inclusion on the album.

Along with that, the Streets Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living leaked over the weekend (finally!) but I haven't really gotten around to giving it a proper listen. More crazy shenanigans, more loco chorus singing. I'll just throw in the two tracks that caught me on first listen- funny stuff.

Morrissey- Human Being

Morrissey- Good Looking Man About Town

The Streets- Can't Con An Honest Jon

The Streets- Hotel Expressionism

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am pleased to see someone else is appreciative of both the streets and moz. good picks. i am not sold on hotel expressionism yet but i heard the honest jon one the other day it's brilliant. moz has done better i think, "i'm a human being" has nothing on "i am human and i need to be loved"...still it's moz so it's cool.

hap
happybythree@hotmail.com

7:32 PM  
Blogger torr said...

FYI: "Human Being" is a New York Dolls cover.

9:33 AM  
Blogger jspaceman said...

Wow... duh. Thanks for the heads-up.

Maybe that explains why it sounds familiar. ;)

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer