My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Sentiments and tears will get you far as you might think they will...



This one might be a bit off the wall- a minor top forty hit from 1987. Being only a teenager at the time and not well versed in the ways of music, I immediately thought it was someone along the likes of the Beatles or Crowded House. Such a catchy little tune, something I can easily hear McCartney singing during the days of Revolver. Great lyrics, great harmonies, great melody, and all produced by none other than Todd Rundgren. It seems a bit surprising they were actually a California band, as they definitely have British sensibilities in this tune. The syncopated rhythms and acoustic guitar combined with the string section (again Beatlesque to my ears) make for a gem of a song, only two and a half minutes long.

Bourgeois Tagg- I Don't Mind At All

4 Comments:

Anonymous PhillyBuster said...

First time visitor. Do you have a password for Sir John & Lady Ono? Thx!

8:45 AM  
Blogger jspaceman said...

Ah, yes- left that out, didn't I?

password: doesplastictastegood

7:35 AM  
Blogger thepsychicpilot said...

I love this song. I remember 97x playing it. MTV used to play it regularly alongside U2, Crowded House, The Church, wtc.

5:16 PM  
Blogger jspaceman said...

Here's that Bourgeouis Tagg song again, thanks thepsychicpilot...

I Don't Mind At All

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer