My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

RIP Peelie (1939-2004)



"I just want to hear something I've never heard before." - Mr. John Peel


I'm not nearly qualified to say enough about Mr. Peel. Arguably the greatest radio DJ ever, and one with massive influence. I was never lucky enough to listen to him live on the radio when he'd break out his latest greatest favourite on the masses. But if it hadn't been for him, there's a good chance I'd never have heard the Fall, Jesus & Mary Chain, Hefner, Joy Division, and of course, Teenage Kicks.

“It's possible that John can form some kind of nightmarish career out of his enthusiasm for unlistenable records and his delight in writing long and facetious essays..." - One of John's teachers.


Radio One's Peel Page

The Fall- Blindness (2004 session)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer