My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Numbin' the runt of reputation they call rat fame...


Talk about a compilation- Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds' B-Sides and Rarities covers three CDs and 56 tracks. Somehow this one managed to slip past me when it was released early this year, but no worries- I managed to catch up. I've always loved Nick Cave's sinister ways of combining the repeated themes of love, death, religion, and more- and surprisingly make it all work. Truly a pioneer of goth-rock- I'm guessing this set is a hardcore fans delight, and there are certainly some dusty odd little gems on this one. I love the menacing "The Six Strings That Drew Blood." And yes, make way for a cover of Black Betty...

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds- The Six Strings That Drew Blood

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds- Black Betty

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer