My Photo
Name:
Location: Lafayette, Indiana, United States

Friday, October 14, 2005

Monsters getting married having babies...


I'm pretty sure I discovered this band from another mp3 blog a fair while back but I'll be damned if I can remember which one. A British duo with one album under their belt, as far as I know. I actually listed "Monsters" as one of my top five favourite songs of this year and although it might be just a bit of an exaggeration, it's definitely one of my favourite songs of 2005. I was almost put off by their website, what with its whimsical children's drawing type fare, but somehow the songs are both childlike and dark in the same breath. Lyrics like "Sleeping With A Gun Under A Pillow" and "I don't think I'll ever be happy unless I'm unhappy and hugging my grudge" are just intriguing enough to grab me as they fly by, and the alluringly offbeat instrumentation and vocals fit quite nicely alongside.

the boy least likely to Official Website

the boy least likely to- Monsters

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kate said...

Not to mention, they're both kinda cute ...

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer